VIS Student Volunteer T-Shirt Contest VotingClick for larger images.
The T-shirt front's design:
- The T-shirts colors are inspired by Maryland's flag.
- The design is built on John Snow's iconic visualization.
- The silhouette of the infected area forms the word "DATA"... "Discover the unexpected." ~ Visual analytics.
The T-shirt back's design:
- The design shows a normal distribution with projected shadow... "Sometimes it is obvious, but the projection is interesting."
- The VIS logo has a projection in the 3rd dimension... "3rd dimension can make a difference".
- The student volunteer banner starts with the Washington Monument in Baltimore.
Flowing at VIS
VIS is the place where our visualization community meets each year. During the conference we flow together; sharing science, meeting friends, collaborating, and having fun. This design is based on the colors of the logo this year. Parts of the logo can be seen as particles or bubbles of water flowing to form the VIS logo. This also refers to the National Aquarium in Baltimore which has transparent water-filled tubes in the lobby with bubbles going through them. Moreover, each of these particles represents each member of our community that comes together to meet at VIS to consolidate and share their research, achievements, and experiences.
You may vote for one or more of the finalists. You may even vote for all of them to show your support. One vote submissions per person please. This site uses a cookie to prevent accidental double-voting.